Friday, November 16, 2012

Relationships and Single Life




When it comes down to love, there are thousands of things we can talk about. Everybody islooking for it, everybody wants it, everyone is waiting for it and everyone dreams of it. But reality is, before you actually find "the one" (if there really is such a thing) there are going to be many times when you will be single. But we should never confuse being single with being alone. 

At the moment I am single, my last relationship didn't end so well. I actually took it pretty rough on myself. I cried a lot and I found every possible way I could to blame myself for it. (Long story short) It took me a while to realize that it was not the end of the world and that he was not the last guy on earth, and eventually I did get over him. And I think I’m in a really good place right now. 

The thing about being single is that you are in resting place, you could say. If you just got out of a relationship it's the time where you can re-make or strengthen your relationship with your friends; prepare yourself emotionally and mentally before you go back to battle. It is the place where you can establish that relationship with yourself again, where you are the main interest because in the end, the best and most important relationship you will have is with yourself. No matter who stays or who leaves you will always have you. And when there is no one there for you, you can be there for yourself to bring you back up again.

If you are bored or annoyed of being single and you are looking for a relationship please don’t do it for the wrong reasons. Don’t settle for less just because you don’t want to be single anymore. Everything happens for a reason and when you find the right person you’ll see it was worth the wait. I know it can get a little frustrating at times but always know that there is a plan for you, and someone is waiting to find you too.




Remember than being single isn't the worst thing in the world. And that love always comes and goes. Use this time when you are single to your advantage, explore, have fun, be with your friends, focus on yourself. Always remember: you're not going to be single forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment