Sunday, November 11, 2012

Advice Post: Overthinking


     OVER THINKING. It happens to the best of us. There are some situations that may present themselves that cause us to over think and it usually makes everything a whole lot worse. 
Often, when we are presented with a decision that we have to make it might cause us to think over it very much. Many times we are divided into two options. Sometimes these may be: what other people want and what you want; what your heart feels and what your head thinks; what is right and what is wrong; what you want and what you need. Whatever the case may be in the end we always have to choose. 
When making a decision these are somethings I do to help me choose:

  1. What is the best for me?
  2. What do I really want for myself?
  3. What is the worst that can happen? 
  4. Which choice will influence my life the most in a positive way?
When making a decision you have to be selfish (of course this depends on what you are deciding on, I'll generalize to personal life decisions). You have to think on what you want what is going to make you happier. I personally think it is better to choose what your heart feels rather than what your head thinks because whatever your heart is feeling is obviously what is going to make you happier.   Heads think logically, and hearts feel sentimentally. I'd rather choose something that I will be okay with emotionally, that logically deciding it is what I need to do. 

Over thinking can cause us unnecessary stress and anxiety. If you have been thinking on something for a while now and it's making you stressed out, stop over-thinking, sleep on it and let time decide what is best for you. Whatever your choice may be, remember that nothing lasts forever and ultimately everything is going to be alright.  

The brighter side: 
  • nothing lasts forever
  • you can let time decide
  • relax, you'll be okay. 
<3 <3 <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment